Best Time To Gorilla Trek In Rwanda

Best Time To Gorilla Trek In Rwanda – Best time to go to Rwanda for gorilla trekking – best time to go to Africa – gorilla trekking permit $1500 per person.

The best time to visit Rwanda for gorilla trekking is the dry season from June to September, when you have the chance to see the highest point of the country, the mountain gorilla. The rainy season from March to May and November is the best time to see chimpanzees.

Best Time To Gorilla Trek In Rwanda

Due to Rwanda’s location south of the equator, it is always hot. Depending on which part of the country you visit, the days are warm if you’re in your late teens or mid-twenties. Nights can be cold, especially at higher altitudes.

Gorilla Trekking: Uganda Vs Rwanda

March is the start of a long rainy season that lasts through April and May. The end of May is usually dry, but no visitors escape the ‘heavy rains’. June to mid-September is the long dry season and the most popular time to visit. You can take a shower at this time.

September sees a special event in Musanze: Kvita Izina, the ceremony of naming the gorilla and the birthday of the mountain gorilla. The Kigali International Peace Marathon takes place in May and is a special event. There are three races, a full marathon, a half marathon and a 10km run for peace.

Tutsi Genocide Memorial Day, April 7, is a public holiday, and is understandably a very important day. If you are going trekking, after the rains in October and November, things dry up again in December. So, if you are looking for more ideas for Christmas, there are many things you can do when you go gorilla hunting in Rwanda.

The same goes for a fun New Year’s Eve party in January. The Tour of Rwanda is a spectacular cycling race organized by the Rwanda Cycling Federation. However, the dates are always changing, so keep an eye on their website. It is now scheduled for February/March, although it was originally scheduled for November, but it was also held in August. It’s a good tour, but a little portable. Independence Day is celebrated annually on July 1 in Rwanda and commemorates Rwanda’s independence from Belgian colonial rule in 1962.

Best Time Of Year For Gorilla Trekking In Uganda

If you are researching when to go to Rwanda, mountain gorilla research is most likely. Although considered a year-round activity, the best time to travel to Rwanda for gorilla trekking is the short dry season from mid-December to early February or the long season of hot from June to September. These courses offer the easiest hiking conditions and the least risk of malaria.

Why do mountain gorillas roam Rwanda? – Why do you walk mountain gorillas in Rwanda Volcano National Park? – After Rwanda, the most difficult answer […]

Written Gorilla Tracking Permit for National Park – Rwanda Safaris and Holidays – Rwanda Gorilla Permit for 1500PP$ Gorilla Tracking Written Permit for Volcanoes National […]

If you must cross borders, there is an East African visa that allows all non-residents to travel to East African countries including Rwanda, Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda. As for non-residents entering Uganda, you can get a $100 visa at entry points or online.

Gorilla Trekking Uganda

To trek the mountain gorilla, you need a gorilla permit that is managed by each national park. Great Adventures Uganda provides detailed permit information for Rwanda and Uganda to allow you to plan your gorilla safari. Mountain gorillas are found in Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park, which has 10 gorilla families for trekking, and Uganda has two gorilla parks. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park (UNESCO World Heritage) with 19 families to check and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park with 1 group of gorillas.

The National Parks of Mgahinga and Volcanoes are located in the same area – the Virunga Conservation Area, and therefore have many similarities in terms of landscapes, which include tropical forests and bamboo and volcanoes in between 2,200 and 4,400 meters. On the other hand, the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park is a rainforest between 1,160 and 2,650 meters above sea level.

By explaining the plants and landscapes to be expected on the way, it is easier to decide which dry or wet season is best to visit the gorillas. The dry/high season occurs between December-February and June-September (longer) and the wet/low season between April-May and then October-November. Because this will be important to guide you in the month you have to book and pay for your gorilla trekking permit.

Also, you need to prioritize the activities that start on your way. As expert safari consultants, we always recommend making gorilla trekking your number one choice on your safari. This is because you don’t have to worry about catching the flu or a cough on your trip that could spoil your hiking. In fact, if you come down with a severe case of the flu, you may not be allowed to visit the gorillas under the rules and regulations for tourism.

Days Rwanda Gorilla Tracking Safari

So, no matter what the season is, after you get your gorilla permit, you are sure to see gorillas. For other conditions, such as your ability to walk, a 5% chance of leaving is a 95% chance.

The dry season is best for gorilla trekking as there is little or no rainfall. This means that the sun is warm and the forest paths are dry to walk while looking for gorillas. However, finding gorillas can be difficult, depending on whether you hike to find them from a park visitor center, such as Kinigi in Volcanoes National Park.

Since the dry season of Europe and North America coincides with the winter months, the number of visitors accepted for gorilla trekking is high. Gorilla permits are also required during this season, our visitors are advised to purchase gorilla permits and make reservations for gorilla safaris at least 3-6 months in advance. Why pre-order? Like Bwindi, which has four gorilla visitor centers, you will always have your first choice of the place and the gorilla group to visit. Bohoma, Rushaga, Rushaga and Enkuringo.

On the other hand, the rains/low temperatures mean that Bwindi National Park or Volcanoes get high rains especially in April-May and short rains in October-November. Just like the dry season, you will have the opportunity to see gorillas and there is nothing to worry about. What you should think about is packing a hat, waterproof pants and bag, raincoat, and gardening gloves to protect your camera from the heavy mud in the valleys, tree bites, etc. Finally, protect your camera from moisture.

Enjoy The Exhilarating Experience Of Gorilla Trekking

The Ngorongoro mountain is one of the famous mountains in Africa and it has a high altitude of many animals such as lions, ghettos, elephants, zebras, cams, rhinos, leopards and many others. This place is unique and you can visit it in one day.

Dar es Salaam is the largest and most famous city in Tanzania. However, the circle of wild animals in the north of Africa and Mount Kilimanjaro, Zanzibar Island, is the reason why many tourists in Tanzania miss the big city.

Cookies are used to understand how users use the website. Read the privacy policy for more information. Embark on an exciting one-day Rwanda Gorilla Trekking tour that takes you in search of mountain gorillas in Volcanoes National Park with a Rwandan Gorilla Trekking Safari guide. The Rwanda One Day Gorilla Trek is an alternative to the Uganda One Day Gorilla Trek in Bwindi.

Short on time for gorilla tours in Rwanda? Rwanda gorilla trekking offers full day gorilla trekking from Rwanda to Volcanoes National Park for a great wildlife experience at an affordable price. This is great for business visitors on a tight schedule!

Gorilla Trekking In Volcanoes National Park, Rwanda

On this happy and perfect day! We will pick you up at 4:30am at your hotel (or the airport if you arrive before 4am). Our guide will take you +2 hours north to the base of Volcano National Park at 7am to meet gorilla families. After a briefing with your hiking guide, a short walk along the forest path begins the trek. During your gorilla trek, you will enjoy the beautiful sights and sounds of the forest. After enjoying the one hour stay with the gorillas, you will return from the park and be greeted by the driver who will take you back to Kigali.

Please note: Gorilla families are always on the move in the park and the tour can take 2-8 hours (plus 1 hour for viewing). We recommend short, medium or long walks based on your fitness and interests. Gorilla families are then separated by park officials who try to accommodate your needs.

Average price of a 1-day trip

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.